Thursday, June 20, 2013

Reads and Feeds!

As previously discussed,  this is a new meme we are embarking on!

With each post we'll be offering you some recipes. : p 

Please feel free to send me recipes if you'd like to take part. The more the merrier!

Also, I encourage you to share a book that you think will go well with the recipe. It can be a book with a heroine who likes the type of food featured in our recipe, a book with a restraunt or bar that serves it etc..., use your imagination because anything goes. I'm hoping that in addition to bringing some delish recipes to your attention, we will also find new books to try! 

Our first post is from Amber aka Vampedchik. I felt it was only right to start off with her recipes since she was the one who inspired this idea. Thank you Amber!

We are going to start of with something fun and fruity! Amber has given me two recipes to post. :-)

The first one is: Hawaiian (sorta 5 cup) salad





Here are the ingredients and directions:
8oz Sour Cream

1 Cup pineapple (tidbits or crushed) - drained

1 Cup Mandarin Oranges - drained

1/2 bag of mini marshmallows

1/2 cup of coconut(bagged) -more if you really like coconut but I've found that its to much.

Mix all together

Can Garnish with maraschino cherries

keep refrigerated!


The next recipe: Champagne "Pink Sludge" Salad


There are pictures of each step for this recipe. 






And last but not least, the finished product:




Here are the ingredients and directions:

8oz cream cheese

3/4 Cup of Sugar

1-Lg can of pineapple(tidbits or crushed) -drained

Lg frozen Strawberry- thawed and drained

3- bananas(half green so they stay fresh longer) sliced

1- 8oz Cool Whip

Blend the Cream Cheese and Sugar together, Then mix everything together. -you can drain the strawberries and pineapple together. It doesnt matter either way.

Keep refridgerated or frozen.


And for you INT folloewers who may not use the same measurement, Amber found this website to help with conversions: http://www.csgnetwork.com/cookconvert.html


Don't these sound yummy?


Just to give you an idea about the book suggestions, I'll tell you mine first. I was thinking that Nice Girl's Don't Date Dead Men by Molly Harper could fit. In this book they have a wake which has a variety of foods and there is also a werewolf woman who has an insatiable appetite. She would scarf these desserts up for sure! lol!



 


You can purchase it from Amazon.


This is the 2nd book in the series.


I thought this series was funny and I enjoyed it.






Another suggestion is a romance series set in a tropical location. I thought this was fitting because of all the tropical fruit used in the recipes. :-) I have this suggestion on my wishlist but haven't actually read them yet.



 


You can purchase the boxed set from Amazon.







What do you think?

Do you have a book suggestion or a comment on Ambers recipes?


Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Amber you are a genius thank you so much for the conversion website it's sure to be handy really soon ( better to put the link each time^^;;)

    Those are really of season and i love the books that were chosen^^ i was waiting for one recipe so two it's a pure pleasure

    really thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you approve Miki. I was very excited when Amber sent me the link for the conversions. It should be helpful for you. I hope!

      I must confess that the book choices were mine as Amber didn't tell me hers. I'm glad you liked them though! :-)

      Delete
    2. I couldnt think of any!!! And your very welcome Miki. :) I know that you use a different measuring system and you were wanting to put the different conversions so I thought that, that site was great. :)

      Delete
  2. +JMJ+

    They do sound like great snacks! =D I'd love to eat something tropical while reading a book set in the tropics. It's another way to make the reading experience come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we need a button or banner for the posts. I'm going to see if I can get my son to try and make one for us. If anyone else is good at it and would like to do this for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm really bad at that kind of stuff so i won't be able to help sorry

      Delete
    2. No worries! It's not my thing either but I'll get it done eventually! :-)

      Delete
  4. The Hawaiian recipe seems to suit Unleashed :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these two recipes! I always devour them at parties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone enjoys them! I could seriously eat the Champagne Salad everyday!

    ReplyDelete